Curried Turkey in a Hurry
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless turkey breast cutlets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate turkey cutlets overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- Place turkey cutlets in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients EXCEPT coconut oil; pour mixture over turkey then seal bag; refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At the time of cooking, remove the turkey from marinade (reserving marinade).
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey cutlets and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and add reserved marinade; whisk for 1 to 2 minutes then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced.
- Serve sauce over turkey cutlets.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 361 Calories; 19g Fat; 43g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 105mg Cholesterol; 564mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!