Crispy Turkey tenders with Spinach
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dried shredded coconut
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub turkey strips with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients (coconut flour through garlic powder). Coat turkey strips with coconut flour mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 4 ingredients (balsamic vinegar through oregano) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour over the salad. Toss salad and serve with turkey.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 360 Calories; 14g Fat (33.7% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 112mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!