Creamy Thai-Style Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeño
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, and gingerroot; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Season pork chops evenly with salt and pepper then add to the skillet and brown for 3 to 5 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium; add broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in coconut cream, soy sauce, honey, cilantro and red onion.
- Return pork chops the skillet then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chops are cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly, adding more broth if needed.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 287 Calories; 13g Fat; 33g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 664mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!