Creamy Curried Flounder
- 4 6-oz. flounder fillets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Season fillets evenly with salt and pepper then place them in a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch METAL baking dish (never broil with glass).
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, curry powder, gingerroot, lime zest, coconut milk and broth; pour mixture over flounder.
- Broil fillets for 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and curry powder are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 181 Calories; 4g Fat; 33g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 642mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!