Coconut Pesto Halibut
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 halibut fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish, 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate halibut overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a blender or food processor, combine first 6 ingredients (basil through coconut milk); blend until smooth.
- Place halibut in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour coconut milk mixture over the top; seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove halibut from the refrigerator.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add halibut (reserving marinade) and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove halibut from skillet and keep warm. Reduce skillet heat to medium and add reserved marinade; whisk for 1 to 2 minutes then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced.
- Serve sauce over fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with a little coconut oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.) Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 428 Calories; 28g Fat; 39g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 572mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!