Coconut Cauliflower Soup with Peppered Bacon
- 1 head cauliflower chopped and steamed
- 3 14-oz cans unsweetened coconut milk divided
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth divided (plus extra if needed)
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 8 slices black pepper bacon cooked and chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare cauliflower and bacon.
- Place cauliflower and two-thirds of the coconut milk in a blender; process until smooth (or with some chunks, which is my preference).
- If you need more liquid, add some of the chicken broth. Transfer mixture to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well (if soup is too thick, add a splash more chicken broth).
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until celery, onion and carrot are tender; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette NUTRITION: per serving: 841 Calories; 78g Fat; 20g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 1273mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 15 Fat. Points: 24
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!