Cobb Chicken Salad
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 15 ounces shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 eggs hard-boiled and diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 3/4 cup diced avocado optional
- 1/2 cup low fat blue cheese salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook chicken and hard-boil eggs.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 5 ingredients (paprika through black pepper). Add cooked and diced chicken and toss to coat.
- Place Romaine in a large salad bowl (for serving the whole family) then layer chicken, then a layer of cucumber, then red onion, then eggs, then Cheddar cheese (if using), then avocado (if using).
- Serve with dressing on the side and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: You really don’t need to add anything to this complete meal. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: Skip the cheese and use a non-dairy salad dressing. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salad dressing is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 365 Calories; 16g Fat; 46g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 217mg Cholesterol; 536mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!