Citrus Slow Cooker Chicken
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless chicken thighs) bone-in
- 1 lemon halved
- 1/2 orange halved again
- 1 lime halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- Combine broth, lemon juice and onion in a slow cooker.
- Rub chicken with lemon, orange and lime then season with salt, pepper and oregano. Place chicken in slow cooker and arrange lemon, orange and lime pieces and garlic cloves on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until chicken is falling apart.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 247 Calories; 7g Fat; 36g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 134mg Cholesterol; 506mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!