Citrus Ginger Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients EXCEPT for coconut oil; pour mixture over chicken; seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At the time of cooking, remove chicken from refrigerator. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and French-cut green beans sautéed in a little ghee or coconut oil and tossed with toasted slivered almonds. NUTRITION: per serving: 279 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 581mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!