Chili Dusted Fish Bake
- 4 6-oz. pieces firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season fillets evenly with spices (garlic powder through chili powder) then place them in a large baking dish.
- Cover with layers of tomato and onion then drizzle lime juice over all; bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a salad of torn red lettuce, shredded jicama and sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 170 Calories; 1g Fat; 31g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 572mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!