- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup halved white button mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add onion, season with salt and pepper then cook until soft.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and add garlic; cook for 15 to 30 seconds, being careful to not burn it.
- Add broth, juice, vinegar and tarragon; cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and mushrooms then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 or 30 minutes, turning chicken once, until cooked through.
- Serve chicken topped with mushroom tarragon sauce and onions; enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, juice, and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 292 Calories; 7g Fat; 43g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 716mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!