- Olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied, 6-oz.
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place chicken in baking dish and fill with equal portions of basil leaves and Ricotta. In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic, Herbes de Provence, onion, and balsamic vinegar (if using). Pour mixture over chicken and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Top with Mozzarella and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Angel Hair pasta tossed with a little butter and grated Parmesan cheese; add a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced cucumber, and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of ricotta and skip the Mozzarella. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce, Herbes de Provence, and vinegar (if using) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 274 Calories; 6g Fat; 46g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 881mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!