Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied, 6-oz.
- 6 slices lean deli ham 1-oz.
- 6 slices Swiss cheese 1-oz.
- 1/4 cup honey mustard optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place first 6 ingredients (flour through black pepper); shake to combine. Add chicken and shake vigorously to coat.
- Place chicken in prepared baking dish; place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on one side of each chicken piece then fold the other side over the top. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with honey mustard sauce on the side, if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. Skip the ham. KOSHER: Use soy cheese instead of Swiss cheese and skip the ham. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure ham and mustard are gluten free and use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: Per serving: 353 Calories; 11g Fat; 53g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 903mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!