Cheesy Tarragon Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine optional
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese, tarragon, mushrooms and wine (if desired); stuff chicken breast halves with equal portions of mixture; secure with toothpicks if desired.
- Brush chicken with the olive and grill/broil for 4 to 5 minutes per side then cover with foil and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until cheese melts, if needed.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of chicken. KOSHER: Use soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (if using) is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 265 Calories; 8g Fat; 45g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 109mg Cholesterol; 211mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!