Ch-EASY Italian Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied, 6-oz.
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with the olive oil. Place chicken in the dish. Layer Mozzarella cheese and spinach inside chicken “pockets”; cover with foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, garlic and Herbes de Provence over medium heat. Bring to a boil then serve over chicken. Top with Parmesan, if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of chicken. KOSHER: Use soy cheese or skip. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and Herbes de Provence are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 277 Calories; 8g Fat; 45g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 109mg Cholesterol; 462mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!