Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup raw cashews chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 8 to 12 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp and chicken strips are cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed baby carrots and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 459 Calories; 26g Fat; 37g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 364mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!