Bone Warmin’ Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 small rutabaga peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; blend thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add braised kale on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 514 Calories; 13g Fat; 63g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 1499mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!