Beef Skewers with Honey Mustard Onion Glaze
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 pound beef chuck roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Wooden toothpicks OR small skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and half of the garlic; shake the bag to combine ingredients. Add beef cubes and shake well to coat.
- Thread beef cubes onto skewers and place them on a lightly oiled metal rack or trivet in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil wrap and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until desired level of doneness is reached.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine onion, Dijon mustard and honey; cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until onion is soft.
- Serve roasted beef skewers over equal portions of chopped kale and top with Honey Mustard Onion glaze.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Turnip Fries on the side (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender, then season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Russet Fries instead of Turnip Fries (same directions, but don’t peel potatoes). KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 137 Calories; 4g Fat; 18g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 724mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!