Basil Dijon Flounder with Steamed Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. flounder fillets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (oil through black pepper); divide mixture in half.
- Evenly season flounder with salt and pepper, to taste, and arrange on a lightly oiled baking pan; broil until opaque throughout (8 to 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli florets till tender-crisp; drain then toss with half of the mustard sauce; arrange evenly on dinner plates.
- Top each with flounder fillet and garnish with remaining mustard sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, vinegar and mustard are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 204 Calories; 6g Fat; 34g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 681mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!