Baked Salmon with Spicy Mango Salsa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets 4-oz.
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Refrigerate salmon for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish that has been lightly brushed with olive oil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (mango through garlic); blend well then cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve each salmon fillet topped with 1 to 2 tablespoons of mango salsa.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed asparagus. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed new potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 152 Calories; 4g Fat; 23g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 547mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!