Asian-Style Pork with Baby Bok Choy
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cubed
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil and the crushed red pepper flakes over medium heat.
- Add garlic, gingerroot and red onion; cook and stir for 1 minute or until onion is tender.
- Add pork cubes; cook, stirring frequently until browned and cooked through (3 to 5 minutes).
- Add baby bok choy and diced carrot; reduce heat, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 177 Calories; 6g Fat; 25g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 621mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!