- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 4-oz. flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Plastic wrap
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for at least 30 minutes (see recipe).
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine first 6 ingredients (lime juice through ground ginger); blend well. Add flounder fillets and turn once to coat evenly.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove fish from refrigerator and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap from baking dish and bake flounder for 9 to 11 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with cooking juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes, steamed asparagus and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 116 Calories; 1g Fat; 22g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 492mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Use fresh ginger