Asian Style Chicken Salad
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- 15 ounces baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place first 4 ingredients (garlic powder through black pepper); shake to combine. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat; place on an oil-coated broiler pan and broil 6 inches from heat source for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together spinach, tomato, red onion, and jalapeno. In a small bowl, whisk together ginger, coconut cream, soy sauce, honey, lime juice and lime zest until smooth.
- Arrange salad mixture equally on chilled salad plates. Cut broiled chicken into strips then toss in coconut-cream dressing; arrange over salads then top with chopped cilantro.
- Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 318 Calories; 8g Fat; 44g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 735mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!