- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons ginger freshly grated
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan and rub the surface with garlic and gingerroot. Scatter the chopped apples around the turkey in the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey; pour over turkey then sprinkle with salt, pepper and sage. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until turkey is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Bake some sweet potatoes in the oven, alongside the roasting pan. Add steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: per serving: 269 Calories; 1g Fat; 42g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 557mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!