Turkey and Black Bean Pitas
- 2/3 cup shredded cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces canned black beans drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced green chilis
- 2 pita bread rounds halved
- salsa optional
- Guacamole optional
- Olives optional
- tomatoes optional
- Aluminum foil or plastic wrap
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (turkey through chilies).
- Fill pita halves with mixture; top with garnishes of your choice.
- Place pita on plastic wrap or aluminum foil and seal; refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve for lunch.
Per Serving: 285 Calories; 9g Fat; 21g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 647mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Serving Suggestion: Baked tortilla chips and salsa; add an apple.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!