Spring Fresh Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces penne pasta prepared according to package directions
- grated Parmesan cheese optional
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook Penne pasta. Serve salad at room temperature OR chilled.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, and onion; cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low then add tomatoes, honey, lime juice, lime zest, and Herbes de Provence; simmer, stirring gently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Toss with cooked pasta; cool.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. If salad seems dry, combine 2 tablespoons of lime juice with a tablespoon or two of honey and stir into the pasta.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced English cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Herbes de Provence is gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per serving: 209 Calories; 5g Fat; 5g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 340mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!