- 4 ounces canned crab meat drained
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 4 slices low fat Swiss cheese
- 2 pita bread rounds halved
- Aluminum foil OR plastic wrap
- In a mixing bowl, combine crabmeat, snow peas, water chestnuts, bell pepper and green onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Combine crab mixture with mayonnaise mixture; blend well.
- Place 1 slice of lettuce and 1 slice of cheese in each pita half; spoon crab mixture evenly into pitas.
- Place pita on plastic wrap or aluminum foil and seal; refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve for lunch.
Per Serving: 198 Calories; 4g Fat; 17g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 35mg Cholesterol; 379mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Serving Suggestion: Serve with coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar); add your favorite oatmeal cookie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!