Salmon with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 large red onion quartered and pulled apart
- 2 cups cubed parsnips
- 2 cups halved baby carrots
- 3 endive halved
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 6 salmon fillets skins removed, 4-oz.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place veggies in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice and honey.
- Seal bag and shake well to coat then spread, in a single layer, on a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or cup, combine salt, pepper, dill, lemon zest and lime zest;
- sprinkle mixture evenly over salmon then place salmon on top of roasted veggies; roast for an additional 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. VEGETARIAN: In place of salmon, use extra-firm tofu and prepare according to package directions. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 305 Calories; 10g Fat; 28g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 481mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 4 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!