Ranch Chicken Pitas
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pita bread rounds halved
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper seeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Aluminum foil OR plastic wrap
- Toss chicken with 2 teaspoons of the ranch dressing mix.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; sauté chicken until chicken cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine chopped lettuce, bell pepper and onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and remaining salad dressing mix; pour over lettuce mixture and toss well to coat; spoon into pita halves.
- Place pitas on plastic wrap or aluminum foil and seal; refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve for lunch.
Per Serving: 270 Calories; 11g Fat; 18g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 483mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Serving Suggestion: Your favorite crudite (baby carrots, celery sticks, radishes, cucumber spears) dipped in ranch dressing; add a peanut butter cookie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!