Paleo Breakfast Burritos
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 1/2 pound bacon chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers de-seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 large coconut wraps such as “Julian Bakery Paleo Wraps” OR use large red lettuce leaves
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crisp; remove from skillet to a paper towel and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the same skillet (without draining); cook until onion has softened then add the jalapeno and tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Add the beaten eggs then season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until eggs are set or cooked to desired firmness (3 to 5 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle egg mixture with chopped cilantro. Spoon egg mixture into the coconut wraps (or lettuce leaves) and top with sliced avocado; wrap as tightly as the wraps will allow and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!