One Dish Chicken Italian Linguine
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 cups Linguine pasta uncooked, broken
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook chicken. Pour diced tomatoes into a 1-quart measuring cup and add water to equal 1 quart. Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper and garlic; sauté until soft.
- Add chicken and Herbes de Provence; cook until heated through.
- Add pasta and DO NOT STIR, BUT PRESS INTO DISH WITH MIXTURE. Pour diced tomatoes with added water over the pasta; bring to a slow boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in tomato paste (to thicken a bit) then stir in cottage cheese. Cover and heat through (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat, garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette VEGETARIAN: Instead of chicken, use 15 ounces of white beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. KOSHER: Instead of chicken, use 15 ounces of white beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, Herbes de Provence, tomato sauce and tomato paste are gluten free and use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per serving: 363 Calories; 8g Fat; 40g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 776mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!