Mini Bacon and Shallot Quiche
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 pound frozen spinach thawed and liquid squeezed out
- 8 large eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour of your choice
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 12 cup muffin pan, grease the inside of the muffin cups with 2 tablespoons ghee then set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining ghee over medium-high heat. Cook the shallot, garlic, and mushrooms for 10 minutes, until soft and slightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the spinach, eggs, coconut milk, flour, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Once mixed add in the cooked onion mixture and set aside.
- Take 1 slice of bacon and wrap in a circle around the inside of each muffin cup.
- Continue this process until all the muffin cups are wrapped inside the same way.
- Spoon the egg mixture into each muffin cup and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the bacon is crisp. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!