- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 cups packed spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes Roma
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Greek seasoning divided
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 burger buns split and lightly toasted
- Optional Burger Toppings:
- alfalfa sprouts
- roasted red peppers
- Bibb lettuce
- In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (ground beef through tomatoes) and 2 tablespoons of the Greek seasoning; blend lightly but thoroughly then shape into 6 oval 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot; add beef patties and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare Mediterranean Mayo: combine mayo, remaining Greek seasoning, mustard and lemon juice; blend well then set aside.
- Place a burger on the bottom half of each bun then layer with 1 tablespoon of Mediterranean Mayo, desired topping(s) and the top half of the bun.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber spears, cherry tomatoes, and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: Use kosher ground beef and non-dairy mayo. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayonnaise, roasted red peppers (if using), Greek seasoning, and mustard are gluten-free. Use gluten-free burger buns. NUTRITION: Per serving: 356 Calories; 7g Fat; 12g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 334mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!