Layered Beef and Cheddar Pitas
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 12 slices deli roast beef
- 8 slices low fat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices red onion
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 2 pita bread rounds halved
- aluminum foil or plastic wrap
- On a cutting board or plate, place two lettuce leaves, 3 slices of roast beef, 2 slices of cheese and one slice of onion; place stack in a pita half. Repeat process 3 more times; drizzle each pita half with horseradish sauce.
- Place pita on plastic wrap or aluminum foil and seal; refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve for lunch.
Per Serving: 342 Calories; 12g Fat; 23g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 801mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Serving Suggestion: German potato salad; add a molasses cookie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!