Grilled Stuffed Breakfast Squash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 small acorn squash halved, seeds scooped out and cooked
- 1 pound high-quality breakfast sausage casings removed, cooked, and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare squash and sausage.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-LOW. Brush grill grate with the coconut oil.
- In each half of cooked squash, place some sausage, an egg, a little onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper then place on the grill.
- Close the lid and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until egg whites are set, leaving only the yolks runny. Remove from grill and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!