Grilled Sausage Frittata
- 3 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and grated
- 1 pound high-quality Italian sausage casings removed, cooked, and crumbled
- 10 eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and crumble sausage.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-LOW. Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large all-metal skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms and sweet potato; cook until softened. Add cooked sausage.
- Pour beaten eggs over the top then sprinkle with chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Transfer skillet to the grill; close the lid and grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until frittata is set and no longer runny.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!