Fresh Herb Italian Eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium shallot chopped
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot, zucchini, spinach and garlic; cook until softened.
- Break the eggs over the bed of cooked veggies then sprinkle with basil, chives, salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs by reducing the heat to medium-low.
- Place sliced tomatoes on top of the eggs; cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks remain slightly runny. Remove from heat and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!