California Veggie Pitas
- 1/2 cup salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 pita bread rounds halved
- aluminum foil or plastic wrap
- Combine all ingredients, except pita rounds; spoon mixture evenly into pita halves.
- Place pita on plastic wrap or aluminum foil and seal; refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve for lunch.
Per Serving: 358 Calories; 20g Fat; 17g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 539mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Serving Suggestion: Yogurt parfait made with vanilla yogurt, sliced strawberries, bananas and chopped pecans.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!