Asparagus Mushroom Fritatta
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In an oven-safe skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in olive oil and asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, and continue cooking about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water, and thyme. Pour into the skillet, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until eggs are no longer runny.
- Top the mixture with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Turn on to broil, and cook until cheeses are melted and lightly browned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!