Sausage Meatballs with Creamy Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped Brussels sprouts
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (sausage through garlic powder). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- Pour the coconut milk and Brussels sprouts over the meatballs and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and Brussels sprouts are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 523 Calories; 48g Fat (82.3% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 595mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!