Asian Chicken and Cabbage Salad
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups baby spring mix lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients, (coconut aminos through salt and pepper).
- In a large baking dish place chicken. Pour sauce over the chicken and coat chicken evenly.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Uncover chicken and allow to cool.
- Using two forks, shred chicken in the baking dish (incorporate sauce).
- In a large bowl mix the remaining 4 ingredients (red onion through spring mix lettuce) with the shredded chicken and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 180 Calories; 2g Fat (8.4% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 243mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!