Tuscan Salmon with Peppers
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or low sodium chicken broth)
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute salmon, garlic and onion until salmon starts to become opaque, in the oil for about 2 minutes; remove salmon from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet, reduce heat and simmer gently, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt and black pepper if desired; return salmon to the skillet and simmer for another minute; serve with sauce ladled over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve salmon and sauce on a bed of spaghetti squash; add steamed green beans on the side. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth) and canned tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 248 Calories; 11g Fat; 21g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 859mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!