Tomato Basil Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups diced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (beef through basil). Form meat mixture into meatballs and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 3 minutes, until brown.
- To the pot, add the next 5 ingredients (coconut milk through basil) and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. When the soup comes to a boil, uncover and let simmer for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are cooked to medium or medium well. Stir in the kale and spinach, cover and turn off heat. Let greens get tender for 5 minutes then serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.) & Side Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!