Steak with Stroganoff Sauce
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 large clove garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef in the oil until cooked through, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to the skillet and simmer until mushrooms are reduced and onions are tender. Add flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, mustard and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens. Add beef, sour cream and parsley; blend well.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and a big green salad. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour and make sure broth and mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 360 Calories; 24g Fat; 27g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 457mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!