Spicy Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large jalapeno chopped
- 1 14-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat until hot.
- Add next 8 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper); blend well.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until ground turkey has browned.
- Add green beans; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until green beans are tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste.) with a side of steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 267 Calories; 13g Fat (44.4% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 ½ Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!