Skillet Chicken Curry
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder divided
- 2 tablespoons flour divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime quartered
- cilantro chopped
- Rub chicken with the balsamic vinegar; sprinkle one side with salt, pepper, half of the curry powder and half of the flour.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add chicken, floured side down, then carefully sprinkle with remaining curry powder and flour along with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with a lime wedge and chopped cilantro over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Creamed spinach and Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and curry powder are gluten free and use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 214 Calories; 8g Fat; 28g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 79mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!