Sausage and Vegetable Soup
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place first 11 ingredients (green beans through sausage) in a crock cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until sausage is cooked through and fork-tender.
- To serve, top each bowl with the parsley and cheese.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, broth, tomato juice, pesto, and sausage are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 324 Calories; 20g Fat (53.0% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 47mg Cholesterol; 1590mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!