Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Fennel
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 medium fennel bulbs halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper); spread mixture over the surface of the tenderloin and the fennel bulbs.
- Place them on a large baking sheet; bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tenderloin is no longer pink in the center.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork tenderloin, use sliced eggplant and adjust cooking time as needed. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 253 Calories; 10g Fat (35.9% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 117mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!