Roasted Lemon Garlic Cod with New Potatoes
- 16 small new potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 6 6-oz. cod fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water and cook over high heat for 15 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch slices then spread them on a baking sheet coated with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange cod fillets on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the garlic, lemon juice and capers; drizzle mixture over fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, garnish fish with chopped parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish and adjust cooking time as necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure capers are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 518 Calories; 9g Fat (14.9% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!