Pesto Flat Iron Steak
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 6-oz. flat iron steaks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
- In a food processor, chop 3 cloves of garlic until minced. Add the basil and pine nuts and pulse to mix together.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Add the next 3 ingredients (Parmesan cheese through red pepper flakes) and pulse until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the steaks with 2 clove minced garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on grill, turn heat down to medium, and grill to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Baste the steaks occasionally with some of the pesto. Serve hot off the grill, and top with any left-over pesto sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork) and steamed broccoli SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed white rice GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary NUTRITION: Per Serving: 1049 Calories; 104g Fat (88.4% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 193mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 18 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!